Friday, May 23, 2008

That 'ol snake in the grass...

First off... BUMMER THAT THE CELTICS LOST LAST NIGHT. They'd better get a win on the road, or it's going to be a short week.

And now... the REST of the story...
So I'm running some books home to mom from my school. Before I go to the front door, I decide to check out the duck nest (as I do every time I come by) and see how things are going. As I'm looking over the bushes I see 1 egg in there and a bunch of duck feathers. Mom's been sitting on her eggs... good for her. And check that out! Dad put a rubber snake by the nest so that the turtles don't come and get them. (he and mom mentioned the part about hoping that the turtles stay away a lot) So I go inside and tell them, "good idea about the rubber snake by the duck nest." WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? What rubber snake?!?!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN... WHAT RUBBER SNAKE?!?!?! So dad goes running out there with the duck fury that he has his account here:
Dad attacked the snake with great abandon while you cut the snake's escape route and kept him spotted for the assassin! Then held the snake down while Dad disected the snake to see how many of the duck eggs it got. Three left, but don't know if the hen will come back to the nest or not, yada, yada! Cute little duckies almost ready to be hatched.
We're hoping that mom will return... but it was quite an event.

No comments: