Saturday, December 02, 2006

Let it snow... Let it snow... blah blah blah...

Who'd a thunk that we'd have a 4 day weekend?!?!!? On one hand... it's been rather nice. Got the opportunity to stay at home with the wife... play with the kids. It has been nice. Although... I've been rather antsy too. Basketball season... you have the 1-2 days of practice then a game and then the routine starts all over again. Our game Friday was cancelled due to the snow, so now all of the weeks worth of practicing for one team has to wait for the re-scheduled game. Now Monday's practice highlights the next team that we'll play on Tuesday. I'm sure, though, that the girls are ready to play too.

Joel and I went out into the snow yesterday. I shoveled the driveway (2/3 of it) enough for our cars to get in and out and Joel was jumping around and throwing snowballs onto my clean driveway. He's hilarious. While I was taking a break (that's really hard work, by the way) I thought that I would introduce Joel to throwing snowballs at daddy. He loved it! and kept on doing it while I was shoveling... it was really funny. When I finished... I was exhausted and just fell down in the snow to rest. I then thought, Joel can make snow angels! "Hey Joel... watch this!" As I fell backwards into the snow (had trouble getting up, though; back hurt), I saw Joel taking the "Neste plunge" and doing the exact same thing. He was kinda' cautious at first, but then he kept doing it and it was just too funny.

Well... better get back to the OU/Nebraska game! GO SOONERS!

1 comment:

Shane Coffman said...

I cleaned one lane of our driveway yesterday. I'm paying the same back price today. Ugh! Why did I buy a house with such a long driveway?

Sorry we couldn't hook up for the game last night. Darn weather.

Go Huskers!