Friday, December 15, 2006

You know I'm Bad... Who's Bad?... (Michael Jackson--remake)

It's been way too long since I've blogged. Lindsay woke up about 5:15 this morning and since I've got to get up a little earlier than normal (Trash Day!) I told Jeanise that I'd take care of her. Lindsay is getting so much older and her personality is really starting to come out. She is a TALKER... wonder who she gets that one from, hm? She loves to sit in the back seat of the truck/van and just talk to her video or talk to her brother (who by the way is wondering, "dad, what' she sayin'?). She loves to play with her brother and Joel loves having her around.

Basketball is about to do the "hurry up, then wait" thing. We played on Tuesday... had to travel 1 1/2 hours South-west to Anadarko, OK. We battled back and forth with a team that was very athletic, but smaller than we were. They settled for the 3 point shot (and made quite a few of them, I might add), but with about 45 seconds left, we cut a 4 point lead down and ended up winning by 2. It was a great game, but I have no voice left. We are now 3 - 1 and the running joke (sorta) around the coaches at my school is "Hey a win is a win... but your 3 wins are by fewer points than your one and only loss." TRUE! But you know... when people look at the 3-1 and the rankings... they don't see the score... just the "W". And you know what?!!??! I'll take a W over a L any day. I'm really proud of my girls... it's great to have a team that fights so hard to win and succeed. There is a lot of tradition here sometimes that gets you thru the W of a ball game. We play in a festival today and tomorrow... 2 games and we're done for the holiday. We're a bit banged up, but hope to make a good showing this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am extremely proud of you for the 3-1 start. Who cars how they come? It's probably better to win all of these close ones, for come playoff time they'll be less stressed knowing they can pull it out.

You're doing great!

Mike Morton said...

Thanks, Shane. You're right... all the committee will see in February is the W's and L's. I'll take 'em.