Monday, March 19, 2007

It's been a long, long time comin' (I've got you...)

Ok... it's not a song title, but the first line in (I think) a BABYFACE song. It was just the first line I thought of. Has it really been almost a month?!?!?! WOW! Sorry to all of those who have been checking this blog, wondering if I was going to post something TODAY! Let me catch everyone up...

Basketball is again and now officially over. The state tournament was last weekend and it was fun. I took my team to the finals of the 6A Girls tournament because (dah dah DAH DAH!) we are the 5A Academic State Champions! Which means we may not have won the big game at the end, but we're smarter than any other team in Class 5A! It was pretty cool to accept that award. These girls work very hard on their grades and this was a great way to acknowledge that effort. It was over a 3.8! Pretty smart kids, if I do say so myself... The team that beat us in the first round, went on the final 4 of the tournament before getting beat. That made me feel pretty good, but know that we've got to really do some things different for next year.

I've been coaching JV baseball for about 3 weeks, I guess. We're doing alright, but now have a break while the Varsity travels to Gulf Shores, AL on a baseball trip. It's a good deal for them and I'm sure will be fun.

The kids are doing great... Lindsay is walking EVERYWHERE and stumbles every now and then. Joel loves this new Tickle Me Elmo doll that Jeanise found at Kohls. It's the funniest thing that I've ever seen... but rather annoying when it goes off for HOURS! The kids love to play together and go outside. It's a lot of fun to watch them grow up together and to play the way they do.

Well... I'm going to go into the living room now and start my SPRING BREAK! Sometimes, I love being a teacher! :-)

No comments: