Saturday, February 24, 2007

One and done...

No, there's not a song title like that (I was doing really well with that for a while)...

Well, my girls lost in the first round of regionals on Thursday. We played a very good Coweta team (ranked 7 in class 5A) and just couldn't get anything going. We played hard, but shots just didn't fall... calls didn't go our way... and it was a tough night on a team of girls who's only returning starter was on the bench in a cast. The girls fought and fought, and were quite disappointed in the way their season finished out.

I know that they're sad, but I'm kinda' depressed because the season is over. I put a lot of time energy and myself into this team since August... and now it's over. I'm going over to baseball next, but am going to take some time off so that I can take a bit of a break and get things wrapped up on the basketball end.

Just wanted to share...

2 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

Yes, depression when the season or big event is over is very real. I hope you can take some time to unwind and refocus on the big picture.

I know your first year didn't quite go as well as you wished, but hopefully you can come back refreshed and a year wiser next fall.

We'll have to meet in Stillwater for a baseball game in April or May!

Mike Morton said...

Thanks for boost, Shane. My hope is to come back on fire and wiser before next year. I learned so much this year and hopefully can build on it.

Baseball... absolutely! Just let me know. I'm starting up baseball in about a week, so May might look better.