Monday, April 30, 2007

Speechless... (Steven Curtis Chapman)

I knew it! I'd come up with some kind of title... I was a little worried there for a moment.

Well... sorry for those who are keeping up with me and my goings on. It's been a tough couple of weeks. Long story (and you know how those can go) short... I've got a parent who has gone to everyone but me about an issue with me being the head coach of our girl's program. It's just a rough situation and the bottom line here is that... NO ONE CAME TO ME ABOUT IT! You really have to know what our district is like to truely appreciate what's going on. I had thoughts of giving it all up and just, well, quiting... was it worth it? Well... ABSOLUTLY! I'm not quiting and I'm not letting 1 parent spoil it all! I've got too many others who are supportive of me and what I did last year. This is a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I'm not going to take it for granted.

So that's what has been occupying my time for the last 3 weeks. Now on to happier notes...

Joel is just growing so much and getting so much more vocal. He is a sweet little boy who loves to play with his sister (although, he's still learning about what's Lindsay's and what's his... everything is Joel's). I got to play with the 2 of them in the back yard tonight for about an hour. I'll admit... when I first came home the last thing that I wanted to do was to go outside. But after a while, it was the best thing that I could have done. I played ball with Joel and chased him around for awhile. Lindsay and I worked on her t-ball skills (she's gonna be good) and then we just ran around for a while. It was a lot of fun.

Tonight, Lindsay started fussing a little abit to Jeanise. Jeanise asked her if she was hungry... do you want a snack?... do you want some goldfish? She then quieted down and left the room. About a minute later... Lindsay had in her hands... the tupperware container from the pantry where we keep the goldfish and handed it to Jeanise with a 'uh!' Which translated to me: "You guys were way to slow with this, so I did it myself!" Jeanise and I just broke out in laughter and it was just the funniest thing.

Well... off to bed. Night!

No comments: