Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hangin' Tough

It has been a few weeks since I've blogged... I've been meaning to, but just didn't have the energy really (nor did I have anything really worth writing about). We got back from vacation ok (see Jeanise's blog for details) and it was back to reality. Florida was so nice and the trip was just so wonderful, I hated to leave.

I started back to school this week... reported back Monday, had teacher's meetings thru Wed. and Thursday was the first day back for the kiddos. I teach 3 Web Design classes and 1 newspaper class... then I have lunch, my planning time, and then 9th grade basketball, and then varsity basketball. I'm done with my 'teaching' duties at 11:30... it's pretty nice. My classes are good and I think that they'll do well.

Basketball looks good for this year. The girls are really ready to get going and be successfull this season. I'm looking forward to that as well. We start our off-season program/workouts this Monday. Hope the heat can stay away long enough for us to get some work done.

Played in Memorial Rd.'s golf tournament today with Dad, Uncle Mike and Lee from church. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad that I got to play. I had some good shots and some really bad ones. The only real funny thing was that I sliced a 5 Iron toward the group ahead of us and heard a loud BANG! I yelled FORE and just prayed that someone didn't get hurt. When I got up to the green, one of the guys in that group told me that I just HAD to take a look. WHAT?!?!?! The bang was actually a 3-point shot into their basket in their golf cart! It had rattled around and was wedged in between the basket spokes! I felt bad. But you know... I AM A BASKETBALL COACH/PLAYER!

Well... I am leading worship tomorrow and have finished going over my songs. Going to have to get up early, so I'd better head off to bed.
Nite!

Picture of Lindsay and me at Floyd's Seafood Restaraunt. It was REALLY GOOD SHRIMP!


We had a 3 hour layover in Houston... Jeanise and I thought it would be a good time-killer to ride the tram back and forth to all the different concourses. We made quite a few trips, but the kids loved it!

Jeanise and I on our date! We were waiting for the movie to start (Bourne Ultimatum)--didn't see the movie 'cause the cinematography was so jumpy that it made us nautious and we had to leave 30 minutes in. But we enjoyed the date, though.

No comments: