Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Oooo... la la

Well... again, it's been a really, really, REALLY long time since I've written anything on here. Since mid-August, it's been school, basketball, and family stuff.

Tonight, Jeanise was at a ladies event at the church building... so I called Steve (father-in-law) if he wanted to go with me and the kids to Rib Cribb. First, a bit of background. We used to go (the family) to RC on the occassional Tuesday evening for all you can eat, St. Louis style ribs. It was great! and Steve and I always got our fill. Then... the unheardof happened... RIB CRIBB IN EDMOND CLOSED! AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now back to our story... So, Steve and I loaded up the kids and drove to south-OKC to the store off of I-40. We walked in and was greeted by 2 of my former students from the high school where I used to teach (they remembered me... and I them). We sat down, ordered... and 10 minutes later I began my sonet... uh hum...

How do I eat thee...
Let me count the bites...
Carefully I must not inhale, though
One, two, and three if I mights.
I eat thee while on my plate...
I eat thee and down you go...
To the depths of my stomach... even down to my toe

It was just wonderful to eat there again and enjoy a place where we haven't eaten in so long. Anyway... now that you've died and cracked up laughing... I'll go now.

No comments: