Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Green ThumB?



I don't know where it happened... my Grandma Stout won all sorts of gardening awards and was in some garden club. My Mom is Mrs. Horticulturist and always has the best looking flower beds (I've even participated in those a bit). Then there's me... I've been lucky if I can/could keep anything alive much less, looking beautiful. Mom used to have Bob and I pull weeds during the summer vacation. It was work, let me tell you, and we would have rather had our appendix out or a root canal than pull weeds. But, when she knew how much we loved it... she knew that she was going to have to bribe us BIGTIME! SHe paid us pretty good... $5 back then was great... but I never got over the weed pulling thing. So... now, we have these really pretty flowers in our flower bed at the house. But they've been all over run by that stupid clover. I knew it was there... just didn't want to have to pull any weeds! I'm not a big gardener like grandma, mom, or even my father-in-law (who by the way comes from a long line of gardeners--I'm surrounded!)... but I really didn't want to deal with. Let's just till it in a couple of months and let the snow kill it all!?!?! Nope. So anyway, I told Jeanise that I'd go to home depot and get a tool to help me control the bermuda grass and pull these weeds. I walked out of there with some really pretty mums. I was outside for about 2 hours working that flower bed. Not too shabby, but it still just isn't my thing...

Here's a picture of the kids at Joel's 4 year old b-day party. I love how Joel and Lindsay love eating together. They're so cute.

No comments: