Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hit me with your best shot

We are off and running! Yesterday was the first Official day of practice. Basketball has begun! Last night, I had a later in the evening practice and had the freshman come out and have an opportunity to practice with the varsity girls... to see what it's like. They stepped right in and held their own. Granted... they have some way to go... but I was proud of them for not looking so scared. We did a lot in 2 hours and then had a small party afterwords. It was nice... until...

... I get out to the parking lot... I'm the last one on CAMPUS!... and my battery is dead on my truck. AH! This was almost as bad as when it was summer... 10:00 pm... and I locked my keys in the middle school building... with my cell phone in my locked truck! I was having flash-backs. But lucky for me, my cell phone was with me and I called my assistant coach, who lives close, to come and help. I got 'er jumped and then I was on my way.

We're off to a great start this season... but as much as I enjoyed being there... I really missed my family. I didn't get to see Lindsay at all yesterday... Joel was only up for about 10 minutes so that we can celebrate our little event (I'll let Jeanise tell you about that one). And then Jeanise and I got to watch a little bit of TV before I fell asleep on the couch. Last night was a unique time... and hopefully, we'll get back on schedule today.

Have a great week!

No comments: