Monday, December 17, 2007

Ya' just gotta go slow, I guess...

Last week was definitly a tough one weather-wise. We were out of "activities" for about 3 days... and there are still some in OK without power and haven't had it since LAST SUNDAY! It's pretty tough.

FUNNY QUOTE:

Joel: "Daddy, what's that white stuff?"
Daddy: "Joel, that's snow and ice."
Joel: "Daddy! Green grass makes the snow grow!"

Just gotta laugh at that one...

Well... It's been about 3 weeks since we started off our season. We're 0-4, but have been in every game that we've played. We've lost 2 that we shouldn't have lost, and 2 that we let get away from us. We're all pretty disappointed with our start and have to do some things differently. I'm hopeful that we can make those adjustments in the next several weeks and start seeing some success when we come back from Christmas.

Jeanise is relieved that the choir concert is now over. It was yesterday evening and it was very nice. Mom and Dad, and I went and sat together. I saw a man who is a legend at OC... he was a professor of music there... Dr. Harold Fletcher. I don't know how old he really is, but he's just going strong... probably in his 70's or 80's. Anyway, when I showed up to the lobby, I found my parents talking with him and saying hello. Then when I showed up, he was, "Mike, it's good to see you. How have you been?" Here is someone who I don't see very often... but ALWAYS remembers my name. I wish that I had that gift to remember everyone's name that I have come in contact with over my lifetime. He's a wonderful man and very brilliant. It was great to get to see and talk with him. But I was just amazed that he remembered my name... I guess with a wife with a strange name like JEANISE (ha ha j/k)... you'd have to remember an easy name like Mike, huh? :-)

Last week of school before break! Better get there. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jeanise said...

Just wanted you to know I'm still reading...