Monday, April 07, 2008

Another one bites the dust...

Not exactly the best title to use, but it fits (sadly). Last Wednesday, I resigned from my coaching position at school... still have my teaching spot, but won't be coaching girls basketball anymore. This was really tough for me to swallow, but it was a decision that came highly "advised" by my administrators. They felt that the kids just weren't going to follow my lead and buy into what I was doing. I don't doubt, though, that there was more to it. I had some very supportive parents and some very good kids... but there are some parents who just don't get it and think that they know everything. It's sad and I just hope that I'm not one of those crazy parents who's going to cause a stink that my son or daughter isn't playing or getting the playing time they deserve. It just chaps me to think about it and to have to deal with it.
But that said... I'm 'looking' and 'keeping my eyes open' for that next door that God is going to open for me. He's always been watching over me and always has been faithful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Mike! Unfortunately, the negative voices, though they may be the definite minority, are usually the loudest ones! Why is it that positive comments are spoken in whispers and negative comments are shouted from the rooftops? I know God will give you an even greater opportunity!

Mike Morton said...

Thanks Bri. I know that God will place me where he wants me to be. Thanks for the post. Hope you guys are doing well!

Cheryl said...

That's sad! I think that you are wonderful with kids, and I'm sorry that a few parents had to ruin it for you. I know how much you enjoyed it. I know God will send something even better your way soon! Stay strong! Love ya

Mike Morton said...

Thanks Cheryl. I appreciate it.