Friday, April 18, 2008

The Waiting Game...

Mom and Dad could both attest to this... as a child, I HATED waiting. For anything! I can rememeber mom telling me that I "needed to be patient and wait"... or "why are you in such a hurry?... just wait." You'd think that after #% years of growing up, that I'd be better or have more control of the waiting situation. It's a tough battle for me as an adult.

I hypothetically ask myself, "I wonder what kind of kid Joel is going to be when he's a teen?" or "I wonder who is going to marry and steal my little girl away from me when she's 25 years old?" HA HA !! I don't know if it's the unknown that just eats at me, or just the fact that I want to know and know now.

As for this possible new position, I still have not heard and am in a holding pattern to wait. It's tough, because I know that I'm wanted at this new place, but the wheels of finalizing are just not turning fast enough (for me). It's been tough seeing all of my coaching friends in their off-season programs, preparing for their future and putting in the time... just like I should have been doing this year. Well, I'm feeling a bit outside looking in and it's tough, because I've been very active in our off-season for the last 3 years... I SHOULD BE DOING SOMETHING SOMEWHERE! And then it all comes back to the waiting.

I've learned that God wants us to have faith... and sometimes waiting is a part of that. At times I sit back, and when I take a breath, I realize that this is probably my "recovery time" from what I've had to go thru these last 2 years and just get my bearings back on reality and what's important. I've enjoyed playing with Joel and Lindsay when I get home from school (picking them up at school is just a joy and seeing them run to me). I enjoy my TV Shows time and wife time with Jeanise at nights, and not thinking in the back of my head about basketball. It's kinda nice.

"Good things come to those who wait." God has been faithful with that. When I've trusted in him, waited... good things have come my way and doors are opening.

I guess that I needed to write this so that I could remind myself over and over this lesson and re-read it when I go back to impatient-mode. :-)



BTW... GO CELTICS! I've waited since 1987 for them to have this kind of success... that's good, isn't it?

2 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

I think a Celtics - Lakers final would be awesome.

And I'd be rooting for the Celtics all the way.

Mike Morton said...

That would be classic, wouldn't it? But I just don't think that it's gonna happen... I'm real impressed with the Hornets. They're playing really well right now.