Sunday, July 27, 2008

Photos, photos, photos

We got new pictures of the kids... I may be a bit biased, but I think that I just have 2 of the cutest kids on the planet. I'm not going to post them, because Jeanise has them on her blog site.

Got back yesterday from a day trip to Newton, KS to play Sand Creek Station golf course. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed playing with my uncle, my dad, and Lee (a friend of dad's from church). Being the younger "lad" of the group was kinda interesting. Conversations were fun, educational, and shared some areas of interest that I had no idea that I'd ever be a part of listening to. Take for example: Yesterday morning, on the way to eat breakfast, topic of conversation was my uncle's hearing aids. Dad chimed in with the fact that he was probably going to need to get some. The Lee said that he too would probably need them soon. Other than the fact that Jeanise would probably tell you that I've needed hearing aids for the last 14 years! (ha ha)... I couldn't believe that this was a conversation that we were having. I guess this is what guys 55+ in a vehicle talk about? OH NO... THAT WASN'T IT! Then they passed around one of the hearing aids to try it out! :-) That was kinda' funny. Odd... but an interesting story for the trip. Guess that I'll also admit that eventhough it was a bit strange... I was rather curious to experience the hearing aid thing myself. But then that would have given in to the fact that "I don't hear too good." :-)

Yesterday was a great time... 75-80 degrees (overcast) in the morning and it didn't get hot until about 12... we were done just after 1:00. Not too bad considering it rained for about 5 hours off and on the night before.

Have a great week!

No comments: