Tuesday, November 04, 2008

And the winner is...

A lot has been joked about this year's presidential election. Love the jokes... the SNL skits... but now it's time to actually make the decision and I'm a little bit worried. There's been a lot of mud-slinging and he-said/she-said/he-said or going to do's... but I'm just not as secure about the results this year. I don't think that there's ever been a year where I've thought, "you know, it's not going to be too bad if either of the candidates win." I don't think that I can say that this year. I know that we'll have to follow whoever is elected... but I just don't feel very confident about our country's future for the next 4 years. I mean... I'm going to be 40 by the time we have to elect a president again... and that just seems too old to me! :-)

In the 14-15 years that I've been allowed to vote, I think that I've only voted 1 time. I missed the last one because I had a scrimmage or something and didn't make it on time. But this year, I really want my vote to count.

I just hope and pray that God's hand is all over this election and that He makes the right decision.

No comments: