Saturday, June 17, 2006

Spring/Summer-time Spring-Spring/Summer-Summer-time

It's been about 3 weeks since I've been out of school... first week we traveled to ALB, NM (not going to spell it for fear that it may show my lack of spelling ability) and visited Jeanise's brother and family. It was a lot of fun and a great beginning to the summer break. The last 2 weeks have been full of family time with the wife and kiddos. It's been a real blessing to wake up and spend some time with Joel and Lindsay and get to play with them.

Today is Jeanise's birthday! YEA YOU! She went out with a friend and her mom and just had a 'girls' night.' They had fun. I'm glad that I'm 'dad enough' to watch the kids and allow her to do that. It also helps to have that little thing called 'timing' so that the baby will eat her jarred food and then when mom walks into the door, the wake-up call begins. :-) No... she's a good baby. It's getting a little easier to handle 2 kids than it once was for me. It used to be a whirl wind but it is getting easier. Having a 2 year old that is a good kid helps too.

The last week I've tried to go walking about about 2 -3 times a week, play basketball 2 times and just try and stay active. I had a good week this week, so let's see how it continues. The morning walks are nice. I listen to a local radio station and just get to hear songs from the 70's-90's... it's kinda nice to listen to those 'old school' songs that I grew up with. Kinda' makes the walk a little more enjoyable. I get out about 6:30 am and I've been walking about an hour a day and cover about 5-6 miles. It's more like a power walk and I do get passed by joggers who are also out in the mornings. My knees don't handle the jogging part very well, so the power walking is perfect. Not to mention... I can keep breathing and not have to stop when I get tired. I like that. I've also been nice to go to Oklahoma Christian Univ. and play noon-league basketball with guys I've played with in college or during basketball camps. It's a lot of fun and this year, I'm handling it a bit better... may be due to the walking and the fact that I coached boys basketball this last year and shot a boys ball during practices. No telling...

Still haven't heard about the head girls' basketball job yet. Still waiting on that phone call. I know that God has HIS plan for that and we'll just keep waiting to see what happens. I do know that I'm in the running... and with a program that is continuing to grow and with a school that is moving up in the class size, it's a good job to have. We'll just see!

No comments: