Tuesday, October 03, 2006

You Might Think I'm Crazy... (All I want is You--The Cars)

We had our first official day of practice yesterday... and it went off like clock-work. Almost as if I had been doing it for a really long time. The girls were all excited about starting their first day of 2 hour practices. And they handled it great! I had a phone call from a guy yesterday, who said that I aught to take a picture of my first day of becoming the new "legend" at Deer Creek. I'll take one today and share... thought it might be a good idea. Although I was very nervous about starting the practice season... I think that I'll be more nervous for my first game! :-) When I got home, I was greeted by a car of faithful, supportive fans (Jeanise, and 2 kids) who were taking me out to dinner to celebrate my first day. Don't I have a great fan section?

It's off to work I go!

3 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

Still need you to e-mail me a schedule, coach, so I can come heckle ya!

You and I both got our dream jobs in the same summer, huh?

Mike Morton said...

Yup... cool, huh? Actually, I have a schedule online... but I'll email it to you tomorrow too.

BTW... check out our new Athletic's page and logo!

http://www.deercreek.k12.ok.us/hs/athletics/womens_basketball/schedule.htm

It's cool...

Mike Morton said...

It didn't fit... I'll email you tomorrow!