Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Let it ICE... Let it ICE... Let it ICE

Monday... Tuesday... and now TOMORROW! We've been closed for school. It's not a bad thing, though. It's been nice staying home with the family ... sleeping in a bit... getting to take an afternoon nap on occassion. But we all know that we'll have to make it all up in the end; whether it's during "other days off" or tacked on to the end of school (UGH!). Either way, it's been nice staying home and trying to fight off this allergy/cold thing that I've come up with. It kinda' started a few weeks ago, when I didn't have a voice left after our Home game on the 5th. And my voice just never seemed to recover... which means, getting sick is creeping up next. Needless to say, still don't have much of a voice and I'm still a little congested. But hopefully by Thursday it'll all be gone... or at least leaving!

Now on to the more... regretful news... I took out a pilar at the mall! Sad part... I was parked and going into reverse. Let me explain: I had just dropped the kids and Jeanise off at the pull-thru at the mall (so it's not like I was even driving when I did this!). A car had pulled in front of me by the time I got back into the van. They were parked smack-dab in the middle so I could pull around them... and I waited about 5 seconds... no movement or any sign of getting out by anybody in the car... so I decided to back out of the pull-thru. As I'm pulling out, I don't see anything in my passenger mirror until the back-up sensor goes off. I'm thinking, "that's weird why is it?... BAM" Oops... didn't see the 3 foot high, cement pilar sticking out of the ground. Thought I was clear and that all was left was street... NOPE. Needless to say, the passenger side rear doesn't look as new as it did. I felt bad... not to mention seeing the look on Jeanise's face when... Oh ... that's right, she was pulling into the doors of the mall when she heard the thud. So I did see the look on her face! It was probably worse than the look on mine. Well... now we have to go get that fixed. And it wasn't even a snow/ice accident! That'll be coming out of my lawn mowing money in the summer! :-)

Be safe! (or safer than me)

1 comment:

Shane Coffman said...

Oooo, you're in TROU-BLE!!