Monday, January 22, 2007

Long Cold Winter (Cinderella)

January has been really cold around here... people (including me) getting sick. Weather on top of all of the cheering I do from the sidelines/practices... I really haven't had a voice in 2 weeks. Things (vocally) are starting to come back to normal... JUST IN TIME for tomorrow night's game and 3 tournament games this weekend! HO!

Today's practice was fun for me. What started out as a "let's get pumped and back to the grindstone" kind of practice turned into an offensive filled gusher! While trying to take a nap yesterday, I was dozing to the SMU vs. Tulsa women's basketball game. I saw a play I liked... wrote it down (before I forgot it) and then fell asleep. So I put it in today... drew it up for the girls... and they ran it well (eventually). Then I thought... "hm... let's do this with that" and then it went "now how about an option with 2 cutters"... and then POOF! I had 3 set plays! I was so excited and the girls enjoyed watching me develop all of these on the board. It was cool. I'm not real good at coming up with offenses, but in the last 4 months, I've really started to put some things together that are really working for us.

In the famous words of Hanibal from the A-team... "I just love it when a plan comes together!"

Night!

No comments: