Saturday, February 03, 2007

3-2-1... Double OT

Took on our neighbors at Piedmont for the 3rd time in 3 weeks, last night. We walked in 0-2 versus them and we knew that we were going to have our hands full. We played hard last night ... came back from about 16 points down, to tie it in regulation. After losing Lauren, a lot of girls stepped up to cover her missing performance. Long-story short we lost by 8 after 2 over-times... we just didn't hit some free-throws early on that we needed to make... actually... we just needed 1 more to fall. :-) I was/am very proud of my girls and we're really making some headway going into the post-season. Next Tuesday is Homecoming, and next Friday we'll be on TV on KSBI! That's a busy week, but very exciting...

On another note... I was in the Daily Oklahoman today (see quote--have to scroll down). The reporter called me and asked the question, "Would I want my child/child's (ha ha childern just kidding) playing for Bobby Knight." It was an interesting question, but I told him exactly how I felt. You can read it. I caught myself, at first, thinking, "what would everyone want me to say or hear?" But I stopped and thought, "no, what do I really and honestly feel?" What was "right?" I thought that I brought it home pretty well.

Anyway... gotta go and take a shower now. Had a church-league basketball game today. I was suckin' wind for the first 1/2, but came out really strong in the 2nd half. I think that I had 6 blocks! It was really cool. When I wasn't scoring, I was working for rebounds. It's amazing... I didn't used to think like that, but this coaching thing has really changed my playing perspective.

1 comment:

Shane Coffman said...

I would have said "NO", too. BK may have a brilliant basketball mind, but he lacks social skills. And an out of control temper is nothing to take lightly.

Good answer, Mike.