Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Summer time!

It has been a couple of weeks since I've posted... so let's catch up.

On the 6th and 7th... we took the van (and the family) over to Missouri and met my parents at the Starvy Creek Bluegrass festival. Mom and dad took their 5th-wheel and we got to stay with them. It was good to see my grandma, uncle Mike and aunt Sharon, and my cousin Elizabeth. The kids seemed to have a good time... but didn't stay to listen to the music, like we thought they would. I think that it was just too loud for Joel... interesting. We had a rough night in the camper, though. The new place just HAD to be explored by 2 little, curious minds and they tested their mommy and daddy until about 2:30 am! It was a fun trip though and Joel especially enjoyed the site tractor that dragged a buggy behind and gave everyone rides around the park.

Haven't been doing much basketball-wise since the team camp. The girls have the month off and I dabble in a few things here and there... trying to get ready for the season. But I'm trying to take some time off as well.

Steve and Lisa bought them a RV last weekend... it's really nice. I believe that it's about 24 feet and it's nice for taking trips. Kids can sleep in the back if they wanted/needed to, I suppose... or more to the point if mommy or daddy wanted/needed to sleep they could. We left Sunday after church and drove it to Roman Nose State Park for a quick-trip. It was a nice ride and the kids did pretty well (until the N0-Nap thing kicked in with 20 minutes left of the trip).

What's going on this week? Well, we're hoping to go to the zoo... play some golf (mostly for me)... and do some other outside 'stuff' before we take off for a vacation.

Hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

For some reason I'm hearing Eddie from Christmas Vacation saying,

"That there's an R V."

I think it will make for some GREAT trips.

Mike Morton said...

Images of Steve emptying the sewage into our properity's sewer system just gives me chill's (t-shirt, robe, and shorts). Ha ha