Sunday, October 12, 2008

And the crowd goes wild!

Well... not so much on the OU end... but OSU looked really good last night. After going to Stillwater a couple of weeks ago and watching the Pokes' defense and offense play Troy, I told Shane that they're going to give OU some problems and may actually up-end them. Well... the preview, I guess, came last night against Missouri. Defense looked solid... and offense was pretty stout. Congrats to the Cowboys and OU... get back in there and look impressive and maybe if you win out, you could get to the National stage again. Only time will tell.

On a personal note... I took advantage of the quiteness of the house to call up a friend of mine and go play golf. I wanted to play somewhere I hadn't played before, so we played a course in Guthrie (Cimmaron National... Aqua Canyon) early in the morning, so we could watch the OU/Texas game afterwords. It was a rough first hole start... double-bogeyed it... but after listening to Keith's suggestion about the 2nd hole (305 par 4) of going right at the flag... I was about 15 yards from the green. Things started looking up. Then on the 3 hole... Keith's shot went left, hit a tree and bounced in the fairway. I tried to play my shot straighter... it hit a tree... and put it into the fairway and only 65 yards from the green! We had a great laugh about how we both used nature to help our shots. So, next time you go there and you get to #3 hole... Use the trees to better your shot! (ha ha ha) It was a great morning... we were about the only ones on the course and could take our time... and just enjoy the morning. So when you want to go play golf... go on a day of a BIG football game. I ended up shooting 42 on the front and 40 on the back (par 70)... so only +12. For me... that's pretty good... except the 4 holes that I kinda' blue up on. A fun day... but I was pooped when I got home. I fell asleep around 8:30 in my chair (Jeanise called me and woke me up)... and then went to bed around 9. That was kinda' nice. Makes up for those last few 5:30 am practices that I had Thursday and Friday.

No comments: