Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Getting closer...


Jeanise mentioned last night that we are at the 5 week mark... AH! How time flies... although maybe not for Jeanise. Lindsay has been pretty active lately and is "exercising" quite frequently. Guess she's getting ready to start playing with her big brother.

Speaking of which... Joel turns 2 this week... WOW! He's getting big! He's a really good kid and we're blessed to call him ours. He really loves building with blocks... trains... and basketball. YEA! When we come home, pull the car in the driveway, he always goes, "AHHHH!" for when we're playing basketball and he dunks it, he says that. (dad taught him that--if I am getting too old to do it, he might as well learn, right?) He also likes the word "uh oh" which dad also taught him. Mommy has been on the academy-part of his learning... he can count 5 - 10 (with a yea! at the end) and is working on the first 4 numbers. He also can spell his name!... and every other word he sees spells J-O-E-L... JOEL as well. It's too funny to be in the middle of something and you hear J-O-E-L... JOEL ! Too funny...

It's been a pretty good weekend. Friday, we had Homecoming at school... it was also the day that I received approval for my Grant! WHOOOOO HOOOO! First grant that I've ever written and it got approved! I'm stoked! The grant was for ~$1000 digital cameras for my newspaper and web design classes. They each have a project for the school that a higher end digital camera is needed. I'm pretty excited and will probably get to go get those later this week (I hope). The weekend then, went very nicely... weather changed--cooler... and I spent Saturday hosting a friend, my dad, and Jeanise's dad, to watch the OU vs. TEXAS game. A little disappointed in the outcome, but Texas did play well. Sunday was nice... went to lunch after church and mowed a few lawns before our Connections' group met. And yesterday (Monday) was just an all-around good day!

Basketball is going well. The kids are working hard! We're pretty young this year, lots of sophomores and a few juniors... and our senior leadership is getting us where we need to be. I'm really excited about starting the scrimmage season.

Well... Joel just woke up (6:40 am) and I guess I'll close this, say goodbye to him, and head out to school. You all have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! It's good to be able to read about your family since we're so far away. Give our best to Jeanise as b-day approaches! Keep up the good writing...

Anonymous said...

Mike,

Thanks so much for sending the link to your blog. What a cool idea! And, what a blessed pair of parents you two are. I feel blessed that I know you and know how strong your witness is, not only at home, but in the high school.

Steve West

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that the baby will be here in such a short time. I guess it's a girl! Oh, how sweet. Let me know how & where you got the grant. I really could use a new digital camera.