Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Importance of celebrating...

As I'm sitting here checking emails and reading the online newspaper (why buy it in paper form, when there's an online paper, right?)... I hear Joel's baby-monitor going off. His morning routine is to wake up at some point while I'm getting ready for school and start counting! He doesn't "talk" very much... a lot of babbling still... but the vocabulary is slowly coming about. Anyway... one of his toys that counts (a basketball goal!-- gotta build those skills too) counts to 10 and then yells "YEA! ALRIGHT!" Well... Joel likes to get to 10 and then says "YEA!" (or in OK... his is "yea...A"). To us... it's really cute and a celebration that he actually made it to 10. For him, though, it may just be another "number" or something that you do after you get to 10.

I've started something a little new... I've been keeping a "do" list (not 2-do list) in a planner that was given to me at school at the beginning of the year. As I get stuff done, I check it off. Now this may be nothing new to some of you, but I'm so scatter-brained sometimes, I forget what I need to do or what needs to be done 1/2 the time. So yesterday, I got to check off ALL 15 OF MY DO'S! As little as they might have been, I leaned back in my chair and celebrated... I ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING TODAY! Didn't have to worry so much about whether or not I forgot to do something today... I had proof that I had it done. I felt good and celebrated with a "YEA!" right in my classroom (no one was there... don't want them thinking I'm strange or anything... HA!).

Long story short... find something to celebrate today or this week. If you can't find anything... count to 10!

BTW... the Celtics are coming to OKC on DEC. 7th! YEA! (there I go again...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I count to ten alot, but I don't usually do the YEAH at the end. Maybe it's because my counting to ten is often right after an incident such as the ball is being bashed into the TV set...