Saturday, October 22, 2005

Wanna see pictures of my kid?

I'm in one of these kinds of moods... you know where the proud parents is soooooooooooo proud of their kids that they just have to show them off?!?!!?

Well... Joel is such a smart kid. For his birthday, last weekend, one of his presents was a "magna-doodle". One of those toys (like an "etch-a-sketch--for those of us in the "old school") where you can draw on it and erase. PERFECT for our child, who has used up a ton of paper on his new drawing hobby.

Anyway... Joel brought me his magna doodle the other night so that I could draw for him. I thought, "HEY! I start the alphabet with him." Well... unbenonst to me (sp?-oh well) he starts telling me what they are BEFORE I EVEN WRITE THEM! WHAT!?!?!?! He got thru the letters A - L... stopped a bit... continued with a few more... stopped at 1 or 2... then finished the alphabet. I thought, "THOSE MOVIES ABOUT LETTERS AND NUMBERS ARE REALLY PAYING OFF!" Well... I was just so proud of my son! Gave him a big hug and kiss and thought, I'm ready to put this kid on JEOPARDY! Hold those horses! Actually, Jeanise has been teaching him his alphabet for a couple of days. At first, I felt bad because I hadn't really taught him anything or didn't know that he and mom were even working on it. But then I was thrilled, because at least he's learning from his parents... not Elmo. :-)

Lindsay countdown... 3 weeks! AH! Getting those last minute honey do's done befor she gets here.

Later.

No comments: