Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Bobby Murcer

My mom and I attended the funeral for Bobby Murcer today. It was the most moving funeral I have ever been to. Memorial Rd. Church was almost completely filled with people and the 2 hour service was a celebration of this man's life. A very down-to-earth person who didn't have a bad word for anyone. After 62 years, he's now on heaven's team. A smile that never quit. A celebrity who wouldn't allow himself to be thought of as one. A kind word. An Okie in an Yankee uniform. As I sat there for the 2 hour duration, I just thought of the things that I could do in my life that were demonstrated thru his.

On a separate note... as I got into the car to go home, I had several missed calls. 2 from Edmond Schools. I got a call from Ed. Santa Fe about a Math position! Only thing... will DC let me out of my contract when we have to report on Monday?!?!?! That is in the works and I ask that everyone just pray for what's best. I'm excited that there is FINALLY an opportunity to be there... just hope it works out. Wish me luck!

No comments: