Friday, August 15, 2008

In Moments Like These...

Well... this last week has just been a whirlwind, but it all came out in the end. For the last 2 days, I've been in teacher professional development, training, getting-to-know-you stuff, etc. and it has been a blast. I commented to a couple of teachers today that I don't think that I've had as much fun or have ever seen a faculty have so much fun going over the faculty handbook since I've been teaching. We played games, had contests, and a few other things to keep the fact that we HAD to be there more fun and enjoyable.
As I walked out of the building today around 3:45 I just thanked God for blessing me and allowing me to be at the school that I am and that I pray that he use me in the position to glorify Him and to be a light to those who come around me. I have a lot to do... the person who occupied my room last year, just moved his stuff out today, so I'm already behind the 8 ball and will probably have to go in sometime this weekend to at least move my stuff into the room. Lucky for me that I only live about 5 minutes away from the building. :-)
I was pretty tired today when I came home... have to get used to the teaching thing and standing up kinda of thing again. That's ok... I've had 3 months of rest. :-P

1 comment:

Shane Coffman said...

Congrats on the new job! ; )