Wednesday, September 21, 2005

And now... the REST of the story...

Well... it's been several days since I've posted something... so I'd better do something now...

Saturday... mowed 5 lawns! Couldn't believe it, but I got it done. Finished just in time to watch OU fall apart in their game. I kinda' feel sorry for the coaches right now... they've had so much success and I just KNOW that they're sitting in their offices going, "ok... so what ELSE can we try to do?" When you have the experience and the tallent (together) you're gonna get success. OU Fans... we have to be patient for a bit.

Yesterday... Tuesday was our school's open house. We ended off-season practice earlier so the everyone (coaches mainly) could go home, shower, spend time with the family before coming back to the school at 6:15 pm. So 3;15... I'm in my truck, pulling out of the parking lot, driving in front of the school and see our wonderful Edmond Sheriff's dept. monitoring the speed of vehicles passing the school on the main road. As I begin to pass them, I notice that the red & blue lights on the car facing me turn on as I'm passing him and he's pointing to ME! to pull over. 40 mph in a 25 school zone! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Now... I get to school before the cows wake up and leave around 4 so I never see the flashing lights of the school zones... so I just did like normal... 35 speed limit in front of the school (ok... when the lights were flashing... I looked at my speed and I was REALLY only going 38). Not to mention... we just finished lifting and I was a little "wiped and light-headed" as it was. Long story... short... I sat in my truck for 15 minutes while 1/2 of the basketball team waved at me driving by... only to get a WARNING! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LUCKY.

Anyway... moral of the story... don't speed............. IN FRONT OF DEER CREEK HIGH SCHOOL!

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Nite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have gotten a ticket. You are lucky! See you this weekend.-JPW