Monday, September 26, 2005

A Father's prayer...

I've found myself, several times this weekend, thinking about the future of my children. I'm reading several "leadership" kinds of books (1 coaching, 1 fatherly) and both share similar messages about being a leader. I could go on and on about how I want my son to be like _________ and my daughter to be like __________. I could also go on and on about how I hope that both my kids don't have to experience _____________. It could make a father's mind race on and on.

But everytime that I start thinking about all of the "bad" things that could happen... I just remember that the key to my childrens' future is... dah dah dah DAH!... love. It's my job to let them know about "love." First of all, let them know about God's love for them. Let them both know that he loves them so much that he prepared a long history for them to get to know him. Let them both know that he has a love for them that will last forever! Second, then, let them know that their parents have the same love for them... Jeanise and I have prayed for our kids to come into our lives and we have been so blessed by God's gift of Joel to us, that it's hard to imagine 2 gifts that would make us that blessed. That's a lot of love at this house and it's exciting! I think that this is what God truely intended for "parenthood" to be about... and I'm so glad to be a part of his (ok this is going to be really corny... but what else do you expect?)... CIRCLE OF LIFE. :-)

Have a great God-week!

1 comment:

Mrs. S said...

Hi Mike -

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm still not that comfortable with posting things on it - it was set up for me by my principal. I am thrilled about going to Japan!! Toni Jones from the MS was my principal a few years ago and she went on the Fulbright Program. She made it sound so wonderful, I just had to do it too! Do you have a DC email? I was going to send it to MortonM, but we have a Melanie Morton here at PV, so I'm not sure it would make it to you - anyway - if you have time - let me know how I can contact you - I have LOTS of questions! Have a great day!

Kathy Schwiebert