Monday, July 17, 2006

Getting close to the end of a summer...

Well, we had a pretty good week last week. I'll try to be brief...

Last Monday and Tuesday I was fortunate to listen to a great coach at a basketball coaches clinic at OC. His name is Jerry Kraus and he is from Gonzaga Univ. He is a great teacher of the game and I really enjoyed listening to him.

Thursday night... I had my first girls BB parent meeting. I wasn't sure how many people would come out, since I only got in touch with about 5 people directly and had to leave messages on the other 20 or so girls' numbers. BUT! About 60 people showed! That was cool. About 17 girls and their parents came and we had a great meeting. I think that things are going to go well this year. I've got a great group of players and supportive parents.

Friday and Saturday we went up to Newton, KS and saw my grandma and other family members that I haven't seen in a while. It was a good trip and it was good for the kids to see grandma. It didn't take Joel long to warm up to Grandma and it was just awesome to see Joel exploring grandma's house... kinda' like every grandkid did when they would visit. It was neat.

Yesterday (Sunday) we just hung out at home or Steve and Lisa's because it was so hot! 100+! And that's the way it's going to be for the next 7+ days! AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to OKLAHOMA!

Have a great week!

No comments: