Monday, July 31, 2006

No really... NEVER say NEVER

About 6 years ago, some couples at church were laughing at some joke that included the subject of a small, blue dog on tv named... well, "Blue". I was intrigued and asked about it. Well, they told me, "O when you have kids, you'll know and you'll be singing all the songs too." Absoultely not! Not me... no way! Well... six years and 2 kids later... I like Blue's Clues and find myself singing those silly songs.

I think that it's funny that Joel is getting into this. It's taken him a while, but now Joel is monologuing with the guy (Steve or Joe--and that's a soap opera for another day) and shouting out to him, "A clue! A Clue! RIGHT THERE!" Just like the little kid does on the tv. I found Joel today shouting out those things today (when there wasn't really a clue--but it looked like one) and Joel just kept shouting like, "HEY YOU DUMMY! IT'S RIGHT THERE!" I found myself laughing and just getting a kick out of it.

3 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

Yeah, Blue's Clues isn't the end of the world.

Barney, now THAT'S where I draw the line...

Mike Morton said...

AMEN! It comes on right after Little Einsteins (which is Joels FAVORITE show) and sometimes I'm not as quick as I should and I just hear that music and.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! No NO NOOOOO! No BARNEY!

Anonymous said...

Our kids watch it in German over here. Chris is learning the German words so he shouts "hinweis!" instead of "clue!" pretty funny :)